Forum Index

No notifications
Notifications

Favorites

No favorites found
General Training Discussion General chat and comment on KnowledgeKube training
KnowledgeKube Training > General Training Discussion > Comparing NULL value and empty value in filter View modes: 
KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
andrew.matthews - 20/10/2016 09:27:59

RE:Comparing NULL value and empty value in filter
Hi Arun, You will need to use the Filter Operator Is Blank, this will return all the rows where the selected field is NULL. If you're using this with a search box setup you may want to use a Filter Expression Attribute to switch between the Is Blank filter and your Search Filter depending on whether the search box has been filled in. A Filter Expression Attribute works in a similar way to a Visibility Expression Attribute, but the result of the expression should be the Filter Name for the filter you wish to use. If you have any other questions about this, don't hesitate to ask :) Andy

Advanced member
Advanced member
Arun Murthy - 20/10/2016 01:18:47

Hi Andrew, Yes Correct. Thanks

KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
andrew.matthews - 19/10/2016 12:41:43

Hi Arun, Am I correct in thinking that if the Free Text is left blank you want to filter the data to return all rows where the data column is null? Thanks, Andy

Advanced member
Advanced member
Arun Murthy - 19/10/2016 10:37:58

Comparing NULL value and empty value in filter
Hi, Is it possible to compare null value column and empty string value from the free text? The filter I doing require few conditions, and 1 of the condition is to compare the value from the free text and the data column from MS SQL (the column is nullable). if the free text is not empty, I wont have problem because the data column wont be a null value.

RSS Feed