Forum Index

No notifications
Notifications

Favorites

No favorites found
Learn KnowledgeKube Course 1 Support Q&A on Course 1
KnowledgeKube Training > Learn KnowledgeKube Course 1 Support > Previews and Buttons View modes: 
KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
matt.pitman - 04/08/2016 10:43:04

RE:Previews and Buttons
Hi Joy, The Preview Tool and any browser window you open through it will share a single session, meaning that you can use the two in tandem to test functionality across a range of browsers without having to start your session from scratch each time. If you want to reset your session, you can use the New Form button located third from left in your Preview window's main toolbar. This has the same effect as closing the Preview window and opening it all over again. It will also reset the session of any web browsers opened through the preview. To address your third point, a KnowledgeKube model is hosted on a single page, meaning that no matter which question group you access within a single model, it will not navigate the user away from the page unless you deliberately tell it to using a function such as RedirectToURL, which is introduced in the final chapter of course 2. I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please get in touch. Kind regards.

it's the same behavior on Chrome. It even retains the values entered in the fields from the preview window

Advanced member
Advanced member

Hello, Have you tried using different browsers? I have gone through courses 1 and 2 but I haven't observed that issue. Maybe it has something to do with the sessions. With regards to your 3rd issue, the same URL shows in the address bar because you are on the same model. I believe Knowledgekube structure is like this: URL in address bar: KKSG1@onknowledgekubesandbox.co.uk/CRM-tool-username KKSG1@onknowledgekubesandbox.co.uk -> Domain name(Repository) CRM-tool-username -> Page name(Model) Since the question groups and questions are in the same Model, it will not change the URL in the address bar. A way to change the URL in the address bar is to create another model and publishing it as another page to be linked in the pages you wanted. As you go through Course 1 and Course 2 you'll encounter on how to redirect a page to internal pages or external pages as you press a button. I hope this somehow helped.

Previews and Buttons
Hi, I was doing Course 1, chapter 8, and playing around with the BTNSaveAccount button. The course asked to create a BTNSaveAccount button to show the AccountsSummary form using the ShowForm function. Here are my observations. Please confirm that these are normal. 1. After clicking PREVIEW FORM, then clicking BTNSaveAccount, the page at the preview shows the AccountsSummary form. When you view the site using Internet Explorer, It will show the AccountsSummary form instead of the NewAccounts form. When Internet Explorer is closed, then reopened again through the PREVIEW window, AccountsSummary is still the one showing. 2. After clicking PREVIEW FORM and then viewing the site using Internet Explorer, It will show the NewAccounts form. If BTNSaveAccount is clicked, AccountsSummary form will show. When Internet Explorer is closed, then reopened again through the PREVIEW window, AccountsSummary is still the one showing. 3. The same URL is shown on the address bar between NewAccount and AccountsSummary. Are the observations above the expected behavior when previewing the forms/pages? It seems like the current activity is being saved at the back-end. Is there a session in the back-end that keeps track of the opened page? Thank you, Joy

RSS Feed