Favorites

No favorites found
General Training Discussion General chat and comment on KnowledgeKube training
KnowledgeKube Training > General Training Discussion > Formatting View modes: 
Advanced member
Advanced member
BlagaMilosheva - 22/04/2016 17:55:51

RE:Formatting
Hi Andy Thank you very much. I have tried all the options above and the additional links you have provided me with to refer to for more information. This has been very helpful and fun to explore! Will definitely use it when setting up our simple Questionnaire model. Have a great weekend Blaga

Advanced member
Advanced member
BlagaMilosheva - 22/04/2016 14:53:01

Hi Matt I have managed to upload the Company Logo in the Site Map and I am now trying to add a question as per your instructions: Next, add a new question where you'd like the image to appear. Change the question's type to Content Delivery System. It needs a Keyword, but you can leave the Question Text field blank. The problem I have is that I cannot find the option Content Delivery System. Where can I select that? Thanks Blaga

KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
andrew.matthews - 13/04/2016 09:55:05

Hi Blaga, You can apply styling to questions through the use of Style Class Attributes. Adding attributes to a question is covered in Chapter 8 of Course 1, more information about Style Class Attributes in particular can be found in the KnowledgeKube User Manual: Creating Attributes Creating Style Class Attributes There are multiple styles that come as part of KnowledgeKube that will allow you to control the appearance of questions. For example adding a Style Class Attribute and setting the Style Class Name under the Value tab to kk_UrgentText will change the question text to red. Styles can be combined by separating them with a space in the Style Class Name field. For example, kk_DisplayLargeSizeText kk_UrgentText will result in the text being in a larger font and red. In regards to your question of controlling the style of question text, here is a selection of Style Class Names that you can try: Text Size kk_DisplayLargeSizeText - Large sized text kk_DisplayMediumSizeText - Medium sized text kk_DisplaySmallSizeText - Small sized text kk_DisplayTinySizeText - Smaller sized text kk_DisplayBoldText - Displays text in bold Text Colour kk_NoSelectionText - Light grey kk_UrgentText - Red kk_ActiveText - Green kk_HighlightText - Yellow Text Spacing kk_DisplayTightQuestionText - Reduce the space between the question text and the question control kk_QuestionTextToFillColumn - Question text will fill the width of the page with the question control underneath You can also dynamically control the style of a question by using a Style Class Expression Attribute. These allow you to set the style of a question depending on the results of an expression:
if(Variable < 5, "kk_UrgentText", "kk_NoSelectionText")
A full list of the Style Class Library complete with examples can be found here: Style Class Library Thanks! Andy

KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
matt.pitman - 11/04/2016 13:04:21

BlagaMilosheva wrote: Would you please let me know how I might be able to change the font size, colour, spacing, etc. of the text in the questionnaire forms that I create using the platform?
Hi again Blaga. My colleague Andy should be in touch with you soon to discuss styling KnowledgeKube content. I will be on annual leave for a week, but you will be in good hands during my absence. Kind regards.

KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
matt.pitman - 01/04/2016 16:40:11

Hi Blaga, You'll need to select KnowledgeKube's Content Delivery tab to view a list of sites available to your subscription. Typically, this will contain a single site, which you can double-click to open the Site Map Inspector. From there, you should switch to the Asset Browser panel as described in the topic I linked in my previous post. If you've not already done so, I'd recommend completing course 1 just so you're familiar with the concept of sites and have a good understanding of how KnowledgeKube delivers site-specific content such as assets. I'd be happy to elaborate on anything you're unsure about. Happy to help!

Advanced member
Advanced member
BlagaMilosheva - 01/04/2016 16:18:48

HI Matt Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. Only one question. I opened the link to KK Course 1 to read more about how to create assets. However, I do not understand the following statement: "To do this, we need to add the chosen images to our site, which creates a copy of each image that will be available throughout the site. " How do I add the chosen image to "our site"? Thank you very much for your help!

KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
matt.pitman - 31/03/2016 12:32:58

Hi Blaga! To answer the second part of your question, you can upload your company's logo as an Image Asset. If you haven't already done so, you can learn about this here: Creating Image Assets When you have created the image asset, copy its Asset Markup to the clipboard and then paste it into a notepad document or similar. The pasted text should look something like this:
<%# ASSET(.Images.MyImageAsset) %>
(although in your case, MyImageAsset will be replaced with the name you gave to your own asset) You only actually need the part shown below, so delete everything else.
.Images.MyImageAsset
Next, add a new question where you'd like the image to appear. Change the question's type to Content Delivery System. It needs a Keyword, but you can leave the Question Text field blank. Save the question, then switch to the Definition Panel. If you expand the new question, you'll notice it's automatically been given a number of Attributes. Double-click the GroupName attribute, then click the Edit Attribute button. In the Editing Question Attribute dialog, switch to the Value panel, then paste the asset tag starting with - which you copied earlier - into the Parameter Value field. Click OK to save the attribute, then save your model and open the Preview Tool. You should now see your uploaded image displayed inside your question group. Please let me know if anything I've said isn't clear, or if it doesn't work how I've described it. P.S. I will get back to you soon about your styling query. Thanks for your patience!

Advanced member
Advanced member
BlagaMilosheva - 30/03/2016 15:51:00

Formatting
Hi there Would you please let me know how I might be able to change the font size, colour, spacing, etc. of the text in the questionnaire forms that I create using the platform? And also, how can I upload our logo or other simple graphics to be included in the form? Thank you in advance.

RSS Feed