Favorites

No favorites found
General Training Discussion General chat and comment on KnowledgeKube training
KnowledgeKube Training > General Training Discussion > Sign Up View modes: 
KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
matt.pitman - 28/07/2016 14:13:44

RE:Sign Up
Hi Blaga, You have a couple of options for storing the data provided by the user: * Save the model's question data (and, optionally, its variable data) natively using the SaveFormData Function introduced in the final chapter of Course 2. * Connect to a suitable database, and use a Data Source to write the data away there. Data sources are fully explained in the online user documentation, and you can find a guide to using Data Source Functions here. To answer your second question, KnowledgeKube has a built-in MailChimp Data Provider, which lets you connect to your MailChimp account and exchange data like you would with any other type of data source. You can learn how to create a provider connection here. Tip: You'll find the MailChimp provider under the CRM and Marketing category when you reach the Model Data Sources window! I hope that tells you everything you need to know :)

Advanced member
Advanced member
BlagaMilosheva - 27/07/2016 15:41:11

That's great, Matt, thanks!!! One more question, how and where can I save the data that the user has entered in the sign up fields (e.g. Name, email, Location, etc.)? Also, how do I integrate Mailchimp into the Sign Up? Blaga

KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
matt.pitman - 26/07/2016 15:39:51

Hi Blaga, To ensure your users have entered appropriate information, you'll need to use Validation. Built-in validation will ensure users complete all Mandatory Questions (assuming they enter a value suitable for the chosen Question Type), so if there are any questions you don't need users to complete, set them as Optional using the Further Question Options panel. A link to where mandatory questions are introduced in Course 1 You can use a Validator to prevent users from proceeding if they have not provided a suitable answer to one or more specific questions. A link to where validators are introduced in Course 2 If you want a confirmation e-mail to be sent each time a user submits their details, you will need to create a CDS E-mail Template and attach a Function to the submit button that will send an e-mail to you each time the button is clicked. A link to the chapter that introduces e-mail templates in Course 1 Finally, to present your users with a message thanking them for completing the submission process, you can either: * Redirect them to a separate form containing the message (taught here). * Use a Page Link to redirect them to a separate HTML page containing a thank-you message (taught here and here). * Simply send them a separate thank-you e-mail, as described above. Hopefully this will answer all of your questions. If not, please drop us a response and we'll do our best to help.

Advanced member
Advanced member
BlagaMilosheva - 26/07/2016 14:22:09

Hi everyone Quick question following up my Sign up enquiry - How do I code the Submit button for a Signup Box? Would it be ok for you to write a quick explanation on how to make sure that users fill in the right information required and when they click on the Submit button, the information is then sent to my email let's say and the user receives a Thank you message for signing up (that Thank you message appears after they click on the Submit button). Thank you!!

Advanced member
Advanced member
BlagaMilosheva - 06/06/2016 15:14:15

Hi again I need your help in creating a Signup box. Actually, I would like to create two separate Sign Up boxes in my KK model for data capture - the first Signup box to ask for people's name and email address, and the other Signup box (on a different page) to ask for additional personal information such as location, occupation, etc. My question is how do I create a Signup box? What steps do I need to follow? In addition, for each Signup box, I would like to be able to set up an automatic email reply that will go to those who sign up. I look forward to your help! Many thanks Blaga

RSS Feed