Forum Index

No notifications
Notifications

Favorites

No favorites found
General Training Discussion General chat and comment on KnowledgeKube training
KnowledgeKube Training > General Training Discussion > Hyperlink to a Button View modes: 
KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
matt.pitman - 07/06/2016 17:33:47

RE:Hyperlink to a Button
Hi there Blaga, Page Links, like other types of CDS content, are hosted on your KnowledgeKube site. The Preview Tool emulates a site, but is unable to access certain CDS content - including page links. For that reason, if you want to see this functionality at work, you will need to create a page to host your model, and click the button there. Try that, let me know how you get on, and I'll be happy to help if you need anything else. Kind regards, Matt Edit To Add: The way you've described your implementation of the functionality sounds correct, so I do not foresee any issues if you try to test this on your site.

Advanced member
Advanced member
BlagaMilosheva - 07/06/2016 12:54:45

Hi Matt Thank you for the links but I am still struggling to make the Button link to work and to open an external webpage. I followed the steps in Chapter 14 of course 2, but when in Preview mode, when I click on the button I have linked with the URL to an external site, it doesn't open the web link. I have entered a youtube link to test the Button but nothing happens. What I did is - add the external weblink to the Site Map, then switch to the Button Properties and add the RedirectToURL extension for the Button. Does this sound right? I am sure I am making a mistake somewhere... Thanks Blaga

KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
matt.pitman - 06/06/2016 15:40:42

Hi Blaga, Chapter 14 of course 2 introduced Page Links, a feature that lets you write re-useable references to URLs (which can either be pages on your site, or external resources elsewhere on the web). When adding a page link, you can specify you want it to point at an External Page Address by using the radio button provided. Then, simply paste the website you want the page link to open and save the link. As described later in that same chapter, you can then reference the page link using the RedirectToURL Function attached to a button of your choice. Let me know if you need any further help. Kind regards, Matt

Advanced member
Advanced member
BlagaMilosheva - 06/06/2016 15:24:52

Hyperlink to a Button
Hi A quick question - how do I add a (website) hyperlink to a button, e.g. "Read More" or “Go back to Home Page” Button? Do I have to write an expression? Thank you! Blaga

RSS Feed