Forum Index

No notifications
Notifications

Favorites

No favorites found
General Training Discussion General chat and comment on KnowledgeKube training
KnowledgeKube Training > General Training Discussion > How to prevent models from sharing session View modes: 
KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
matt.pitman - 27/07/2016 12:39:16

RE:How to prevent models from sharing session
Hi again. I investigated the attachment issue, and you should now be able to upload .docx files as needed. I've already attached the file you e-mailed me to your original message. Let me know if you have any further issues with the forum itself while we continue to investigate the matter of sessions.

Advanced member
Advanced member
Arun Murthy - 27/07/2016 10:40:35

The forum won't let me upload the document file

KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
matt.pitman - 27/07/2016 10:26:57

Two pages from the same site (regardless of whether either one hosts a model) will share a session inside a single web browser. KnowledgeKube models rely on session data, which is why you're experiencing this issue. As you say, having two sites named (for example) home.onknowledgekubesandbox.co.uk and products.onknowledgekubesandbox.co.uk would give the two models independent sessions, allowing a person to access both models at the same time in the same browser. A similar thing would happen if you tried to access a site such as www.amazon.com in two tabs. Both tabs would share the same session, including its shopping basket; to have two separate shopping baskets active at the same time, you would need would to open a different Amazon site in each tab, e.g. amazon.com and amazon.co.uk. If you let me know the workflow you're trying to develop for your site, I will let you know how best to implement it, if possible. EDIT: When you say you can't upload an attachment, is that because the forum won't let you?

Advanced member
Advanced member
Arun Murthy - 27/07/2016 09:06:22

To understand the issue better, I have attached a document with 2 working case. *EDIT* Sadly cannot upload the file here. =( *EDIT - Matt* File has been attached following change to upload process - docx files are now permitted.
Post attachments:

Advanced member
Advanced member
Arun Murthy - 27/07/2016 01:50:31

Hi Matt, Sorry but unfortunately, I cannot see this as not a bug because it is really not logical unless you saying that I can only create a model per site. By what you saying, from the previous example, I need to create different site for each model like below: subscribe model will go into the site home.onknowledgekubesandbox.co.uk products model will go into the site products.onknowledgekubesandbox.co.uk

KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
matt.pitman - 26/07/2016 16:14:39

Hi Arun, Unfortunately, this is not a bug. Opening two models from the same site in the same browser (even if you use different tabs) will cause the second model's session to interrupt that of the first model. If you were to host the two processes on different sites, this would allow them to use independent sessions that will not have a direct effect on one another. I hope this is helpful. If we can offer any further assistance, please let us know.

Advanced member
Advanced member
Arun Murthy - 26/07/2016 03:00:51

How to prevent models from sharing session
Hi, Example I have 2 separate models, one for showing products list and the other is just a simple subscribe form. Each of the model will be in the separate in different pages, the product list model will go to the product page, & the subscribe form will go the homepage. How to trigger the bug? 1) I will go the product page 2) I will open the homepage in another tab 3) I come back to the product page to click the more information button which should bring me to the another question group which show the product details, but instead, it will show the product details question group title with the content of the subscribe form model Tested on Google Chrome & Microsoft Edge

RSS Feed