Forum Index

No notifications
Notifications

Favorites

No favorites found
General Training Discussion General chat and comment on KnowledgeKube training
KnowledgeKube Training > General Training Discussion > Other ways to save an uploaded image View modes: 
KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
matt.pitman - 12/08/2016 12:25:56

RE:Other ways to save an uploaded image
Note: A follow-up question in this thread was moved here.

KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
matt.pitman - 11/08/2016 15:13:27

Thanks for sending the file over. I've had a look and, as you say, the size of the file's binary is in excess of 65000 characters; however, the varchar limit you mention only applies to MySQL databases (where no single row can exceed 65000 bytes in size), and not to Microsoft SQL Server databases, where the varchar(max) limit is significantly higher (up to 2 gigabytes, I believe, which is more than enough for any image you might want to upload). I've created a model that passes uploaded file binaries into a varchar(max) field in a SQL Server database table, then used a Data Grid that includes an Image column to confirm that in each case the binary is uploaded in full. To confirm I am able to then fetch the binary back to the model, I used the GetDataSourceRow function to extract the binary from a particular row, passing the binary string into a variable which I then mapped to a Picture question. If you have already tried everything I did and you're still experiencing problems, please let me know in case there's a fault with the specific database you're trying to use. Hopefully we'll get this sorted for you soon!

KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
matt.pitman - 11/08/2016 10:03:37

Hi Manny, Would you mind e-mailing a sample image to me, so I can attempt to replicate this issue? We are currently making enhancements to the uploader functionality that we believe may address your issue, but any test cases we can use in the meantime will help improve the product in the long run. Thanks!

Advanced member
Advanced member

Other ways to save an uploaded image
Hello, Is there other way to save uploaded images aside from converting the uploaded image into base 64 string? Because high resolution images are not completely converted in a base 64 string, since mssql's varchar(max) datatype can store only up to 65000 characters. Thanks!

RSS Feed