Forum Index

No notifications
Notifications

Favorites

No favorites found
General Training Discussion General chat and comment on KnowledgeKube training
KnowledgeKube Training > General Training Discussion > URL Parameters and Dynamic Pages View modes: 
KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
matt.pitman - 28/09/2016 12:17:51

RE:URL Parameters and Dynamic Pages
Hi again Manny, CDS includes a QUERYSTRING element type that allows you to use values from your browser's query string to build dynamic content. An example of this would be if you had two Markup Assets, the first named Dynamic-apple:

I like apples

The second called Dynamic-orange:

I like oranges

If your page contained the following markup it would display both sets of content:
<%# ASSET(Dynamic-Apple) %>
<%# ASSET(Dynamic-Orange) %>
However, if you introduced a query string property named fruit, and modified your page's markup as follows:
<%# ASSET(Dynamic-<%# QUERYSTRING(fruit) %>) %>
The page would only display the asset whose name matched the combined static text and query string value. So if you included the following query string in your URL:
?fruit=orange
The resulting page would attempt to display the asset named Dynamic-orange. Let me know if you need any further help. Kind regards.

KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
matt.pitman - 28/09/2016 10:04:44

RE:URL Parameters and Dynamic Pages
Hi Manny, I've discussed this matter with one of my colleagues in the dev team. They're going to produce a simple worked example, after which I will walk you through the basic premise. Kind regards.

Advanced member
Advanced member

URL Parameters and Dynamic Pages
Hello, Is there a way to add URL Parameters and create dynamic pages using KnowledgeKube? I know this can be achieved by creating a new blank page linked to another page in CDS since the URL of the web pages must be unique but my problem is if I have web page with multiple contents that are generated dynamically. I want the generated contents have their own links so that when I need to link a specific page content I won't do it with multiple clicks to be redirected on that page. Thanks!

RSS Feed