Forum Index

No notifications
Notifications

Favorites

No favorites found
General Training Discussion General chat and comment on KnowledgeKube training
KnowledgeKube Training > General Training Discussion > Is there payment gateway feature in KK? View modes: 
KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
matt.pitman - 28/09/2016 16:15:51

RE:Is there payment gateway feature in KK?
Hi Arun, The payment provider may be able to accommodate scheduled payments. It may also be possible to do this within your site, but there are a number of important factors to consider, including storage of customer payment details. If you would prefer to manage the regular payments through your own site, let me know and I will consult with the KnowledgeKube dev team and advise. Kind regards.

Advanced member
Advanced member
Arun Murthy - 28/09/2016 09:31:07

Hi Matt, Does this only work for one time payment? I trying to do a subscription base payment where it will automatically deduct/charge the user every month/year until he/she stop their subscription.

KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
matt.pitman - 27/09/2016 13:01:10

Hello again. To implement a payment service redirect in your KnowledgeKube model, you'll need to do the following: 1. If you have not already established an account with the desired payment service, do so. Depending on the payment provider, you may be given the option to configure certain preferences such as a return URL or values to be returned post-transaction. 2. Add a Form Load Expression that calls AddPostFormScript();. You don't need to use any arguments for this function - it simply initialises a generic script to allow redirection and sharing of data with a specified URL. 3. Create your means of redirection. This will typically be a Button, and for the rest of this example we'll assume you are using a button. 4. If the payment service is able return query string data (e.g. a confirmation code) to your model and you want it to do so, add the following statement at the top of the button's expression to ensure the model can receive and utilise this data:
CheckCargo();
Note: If you do this, you'll need to ensure you create Cargo Variables that will receive the value(s) returned by the payment provider. 5. Add a Parameter Expression-type attribute to your button. Set the attribute's Expression Name to ONCLIENTCLICK and enter the following in its Attribute Expression field:
SubmitPostForm(PaymentGatewayUrl,"Key:Value");
Note: Make sure you replace PaymentGatewayUrl with a string containing the actual URL of your payment gateway - this can come from a variable or other type of keyword if you prefer. The "Key:Value" string can contain any number of key value pairs (separated by commas) where each Key is a property specified by the payment service, and the matching Value is a model keyword (e.g. question or variable) that will supply that property with its value. For example:
"AccountName:VARMyAccount,SortCode:VARSortCode"
After a user clicks the button, the model will redirect them to the payment gateway, passing all specified property values to that gateway. The user can then fill in any remaining details, and assuming the gateway is configured to return users to the original model, it will do so. Any values returned by the gateway can then be picked up by the model's Cargo, and used by the model as required. If you're not sure about any aspect of this, or if you run into issues with a particular provider, please let us know and if we can assist, we will. Kind regards.

KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
matt.pitman - 27/09/2016 10:34:16

Hi Arun, KnowledgeKube includes Data Providers that allow you to connect to particular payment systems including PayPal and Authorize.net. Additionally, you can create your own Custom Providers for connecting to any service that offers a RESTful API. There is another option that I've discussed with a member of our development team. It involves creating a mechanism that will redirect users from your model to a dedicated external payment gateway such as PayPal, then redirect them back to the model when the payment is complete. As soon as I have this, I will post it here. Kind regards.

Advanced member
Advanced member
Arun Murthy - 26/09/2016 10:39:01

Is there payment gateway feature in KK?
Hi, Is there payment gateway feature in KK?

RSS Feed