Forum Index

No notifications
Notifications

Favorites

No favorites found
Ask the community Need help to achieve something? - Ask the Community
Join the Conversation > Ask the community > Azure RemoteApp on Older OS X Versions View modes: 
Rich - 10/05/2016 18:05:41

RE:Azure RemoteApp on Older OS X Versions

Hi Si,

Thanks very much for the advice and info, will partition and install El Capitan

KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
SPOC - 10/05/2016 14:50:55

RE:Azure RemoteApp on Older OS X Versions

Hi Rich,

Unfortunately Microsoft Azure RemoteApp requires a Mac OS of 10.9 or later, if you are worried about the day to day performance of your other apps, you could try a dual boot setup -  Either set a partition on your hard drive, or use a separate external drive (or usb stick) and install the newer OS to this, on boot-up you would then have the option of which operating system to use – Your existing one, with your existing apps, or your newer one with RemoteApp. This would also allow you to test the performance of your hardware with the newer version OS.

Please Note; this is just advice, before proceeding I would recommend performing a full backup of your system, also you may want to consult an Apple expert prior to commencing.

Kind Regards,
Si

Rich - 10/05/2016 12:14:03

Azure RemoteApp on Older OS X Versions

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knew of a way of running Azure on older Macs without updating the OS. I am using OS X 10.6 and the current version of Azure seems to require 10.9. Whilst I could do a fresh install of OS X, I'm keen to avoid any potential lag issues caused by running a newer and more demanding system on an older machine.
Thank you

RSS Feed