Forum Index

No notifications
Notifications

Favorites

No favorites found
Ask the community Need help to achieve something? - Ask the Community
Join the Conversation > Ask the community > Adding images to dynamic documents View modes: 
Advanced member
Advanced member
m1afy - 12/10/2016 09:30:58

RE:Adding images to dynamic documents

Thank you, thats pointed me in the right direction. :)

KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
Rikard - 11/10/2016 16:18:58

Have you implemented a File Uploader question to allow users to upload the image? In that case, you should still be able to use the process I described. :)

You can do this by using a function called GetUploadedDocumentBinaryString. This function returns the Base64 string of any file that has been uploaded with a File Uploader. If you save this string to a variable, you can then call that variable in an Image field in your Word document.

If you're not familiar with this function, you can find out more information in this topic: http://documentation.knowledgekube.co.uk/manual/#_Master%20Content/FileUploader/GetUploadedDocumentBinaryString.htm

If you refer to the "Uploading and Using Images in Dynamic Documents" topic I linked to in my previous post you will see that you can set one of the parameters called ImageOptions to 3, to indicate that you want to render an image from a Base64 string - then enter the keyword of the variable that contains the string in the ImageData parameter.

I hope that's been of some help. :)

Advanced member
Advanced member
m1afy - 11/10/2016 16:07:16

Hi Rikard,

I see what you're saying there.  However I'm more attacking from an end user of the application perspective.

As an end user I would want to upload the image to appear in the document and would typically have the image stored locally on the machine I am using to access the web application from.  The experince for uploading the image would be similar to uploading an avatar to your profile in this forum for example.  

A feature request maybe?

1 2 3
RSS Feed