No favorites found
Ask the community Need help to achieve something? - Ask the Community
Join the Conversation > Ask the community > Search Tools View modes: 
KnowledgeKube Staff
KnowledgeKube Staff
matt.pitman - 28/02/2017 12:16:43

RE:Search Tools

Hi there Christopher,

After you create a Data Source Connection to the Excel document, you should be able to use its contents like any other type of data source.

Managing External Data Source Connections

If you want to allow users to search this data, you should create an interface that collects one or more search values from the end user (typically with Free Text questions). Then, create a Filter that will limit the rows returned by the data source. Create as many conditions as you need, and link them to whichever values (for example, the dynamic values of your questions) you want to apply to the query.

Applying Filters to a Data Source

Most likely, you will want a visual representation of your filtered data, which you can create using a Data Source Grid.

Using Data Grids

A forthcoming build of the KnowledgeKube back office will feature full-text indexing for data sources, allowing you to surface the indexed data in a number of useful ways. Watch this space for more information!

Kind regards.

Search Tools

I have a model I'm currently running of which I have added data to. I'd like the end user to be able to search through the data on the site itself . The excel spreadsheet contains counties and towns as well as postcodes. What would the best process be and how extensive could it be within the categories?

RSS Feed